2007年11月29日 星期四

英文金句

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth.

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

"Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more.

Jesus answered, "It is written: `Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.' "

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

If you had known what these words mean, `I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

"If you love me, you will obey what I command.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

沒有留言: